A sticker printing overview
The so-called self-adhesive printing is the process of transferring ink and other substances through the printing plate to the surface of the printing material with the adhesive layer on the back. Compared with ordinary printing, sticker printing has the following characteristics:
1. Small investment, quick effect
Self-adhesive prints are mostly trademarks and stickers. Their small format requires only one trademark printer to complete all processes such as multi-color printing, film lamination, on-line die-cutting, automatic waste disposal, and hot stamping, and the printing speed is high. , produce less waste. One person, one machine, less investment.
2. Flexible printing
Self-adhesive printing is not limited by the printing method. Traditional printing plants can use offset printing or screen printing machines. New printing plants can use flexographic printing machines or trademark printing machines.
3. Many functions, wide market demand
Self-adhesive prints can be used not only as trademarks and barcodes for food and cosmetics, but also as signs and nameplates in special environments such as electronic products and mechanical products.
Two stickers material
1. Structure and main performance parameters of self-adhesive label material
(1) Structure of sticker material
The structure of self-adhesive label materials is mainly divided into three layers: Backing, Adhesive, and Release liner.
Base paper is the surface printing layer, such as coated paper, PET, PVC, synthetic paper, rough paper, aluminum foil paper and so on.
Release paper, also known as paste release paper, the surface after oil treatment, non-adhesive, easy to peel, with protective layer effect.
(2) Main performance parameters
The performance parameters of sticker materials mainly include the following.
1 base paper thickness or gram weight, ie the thickness of the surface printing layer or the weight of the printing layer per square meter of surface;
2 adhesive layer 180 Â° peel adhesion, unit is kg/25mm;
4 peel force, the unit is g/25mm;
5 tensile strength, unit kg/25mm;
7 temperature resistance, solvent resistance, cold resistance, water resistance, weather resistance, flame resistance;
10 inventory conditions, inventory validity period.
2. How to use self-adhesive materials
The use of stickers is more extensive, and the types of materials are also relatively large. Therefore, before printing, it is necessary to select suitable materials according to the needs of customers. Specific considerations can be taken from the following aspects.
(1) What material surface is attached to it? If the surface of the material is a low-energy surface (such as plastic, glass, iron, etc.), the material with good viscosity should be used; if the surface of the material is a high-energy surface (such as PET, PVC, etc.), the material with general viscosity should be used.
(2) The smoothness of the surface to which it is attached. If the surface to be affixed is a curved surface or a rough surface such as embossed or textured fabric, the material with good adhesion should be selected; if the surface to be adhered is a relatively smooth surface, an ordinary viscous material can be selected.
(3) Close to time. Such as: permanent sticking material with better adhesion can be used; temporarily sticking material with poor adhesion can be used;
(4) Adhere to the environment. For applications with a large temperature difference, good weather resistance materials are required. For applications that are exposed to water or oil, materials that have good water resistance or good solvent resistance are required. When used in high or low temperature environments, flame resistance is required. Or good cold-resistant material.
(5) Transparency requirements.
3 commonly used adhesive materials and their characteristics
(1) Coated paper: It has excellent print reproducibility and low cost, and is often used for large-scale bottle-type labels and outer-box labels.
(2) PVC material: It has good waterproof performance and is not easy to tear. It is commonly used in the packaging of products such as shower gel and shampoo.
(3) Xiaoyinlong: It has a thick texture, a metallic appearance, and good oil and stain resistance. It is mostly used in electronic products and machinery certification marks and instrument labels.
(4) Aluminium foil: high temperature resistance, good ductility, can be used with seals or type stamps, and used for labels on boilers and mechanical heating components.
(5) Fluorescent paper: With good color saturation, it has the characteristics of visible light and is used for night vision sign stickers.
(6) Easy shredding: Face paper is fragile and easily torn and can be used as counterfeit trademark paper.
(7) Modular rough paper: It has a rough surface and no reflection, so it is easily identifiable and suitable for marking or warning labels of electronic products.
Three adhesive printing methods
Self-adhesive printing is more adaptable to printing methods. Theoretically speaking, flat, concave, convex, and hole can be used for four kinds of printing methods, but sticker printing is mostly for trademark stickers, should be targeted for its smaller size, less batch size, simple printing content, complicated after processing and other characteristics Make different trade-offs.
Offset printing is applicable to the fine printing pattern (175 lines/inch or more), high registration requirements, large batch size (more than one million prints), and less post-processing business, so it is not the preferred printing method for adhesive printing. However, traditional printing companies can take into account both the production and the considerable benefits according to their existing production facilities.
2. Screen printing
Small screen printing investment, thick printing ink layer, vivid color print, and wide adaptability of printing materials, are most suitable for the printing of PC and PVC nameplate adhesive products, but are not suitable for high printing lines and dot overprinting Dry glue products.
3. Letterpress printing
The letterpress printing investment is small, the printing quality and the printing speed are moderate, the general trademark printing press can realize the printing - the film - beats the water number - the die cut - the automatic waste production line production, convenient and practical, is the label printing Preferred.
Gravure printing is not very suitable for self-adhesive label printing due to its high plate making cost.
Flexographic production line has strong on-line processing ability, and the printing quality is good, especially the use of ink and ink, which has environmental advantages. However, the flexographic production line has a large investment, and it is generally only suitable for large-volume printing.
With the increasing diversification and popularization of electronic products and household appliances, the use of self-adhesive products will become more extensive; and with the synthesis of new materials and the realization of new processes, the range of self-adhesive printing will continue to expand. In short, sticker printing will develop rapidly as a miracle in the printing family.
Reprinted from: Printing Technology
The main advantage to using Kitchen Scissors is that they make quick work of slow or tedious tasks - think cleaning shrimp and removing the stems from kale. they also eliminate the need for a Cutting Board and are often safer than using a knife because your hands are away from the blade - they`re even great for kids learning to cook.
Kitchen Scissors,Kitchen Shears,Stainless Steel Kitchen Scissors,Cooking Scissors
Yangjiang Superwins Trade Co., Ltd. , http://www.superwins-kitchenware.com